The forecast is showing that there is some white precipitation heading toward the East Coast. In case you forgot what you need to make the best of a powder day, shop our guide to keep you getting freshies all day long.
Campgaw‘s partnering up with the Newschoolers to host a SKIERS ONLY freeride competition on Saturday, February 4th. Additional event sponsors include Armada, Cess Clothing, Liquid Lightning and yours truly.
Registration opens at 2pm, rail jam starts at 3pm. Come compete, snap photos and claim your share of the *free* sponsor swag! For more comp info, check out the Newschoolers x Campgaw event on Facebook
Armada was formed with the intent of filling a void in the ski industry. Its founders (including Tanner Hall, JP Auclair & photographer Chris O’Connell) wanted to push the envelope with the progression of the sport & needed equipment that could surpass the park, conquer the entire mountain and still be up for backcountry lines. The brand’s hardgoods & outerwear are all designed to meet these demands and are created, tested, modified, evaluated & inspired by Armada’s team. If Tanner Hall, Jacob Wester, JP Auclair, Phil Casabon, Riley Leboe, Gus Kenworthy & Mike Hornbeck back it, you know the 2012 collection is legit.
1. The T-Hall Signature Ski has a positive camber and is stiff underfoot with soft nose & tail flex, making it perfect for laps in the park. This jib-specific model was chosen as an Editor’s Pick by SKI Magazine, who recommends this stable yet playful ski for Intermediate-Advanced skiers in the park or on hard snow.
2. Armada’s Departure Jacket is a great, versatile option that’s the perfect balance of function & comfort. The MegaRex 2L 10k waterproofing & SuperFlow Lining are perfect for moderately to highly active skiers, while the retractable pass pocket, jacket to pant interface, Microfleece chin guard & external access music pocket are just a few of the many features that’ll have you wondering where Armada outerwear has been all your life.
3. Top it all off with the Fine Knit Stripe Beanie & keep your head happy throughout winter. This slouchy style has wide color-blocking in attention-grabbing hues and feels soft & 0% itchy on your ears. It’s a win-win.
4. If you’re ready to ditch the juvenile low-sagging look, but definitely not trying to cram into something skin-tight you’ll love Armada’s Velocity Pant. Boasting the brand’s Progressive Fit, the more mature looking Velocity has clean, subtle details and an epic fabric guaranteed to ‘upgrade ya’ Beyonce-style. Slight tailoring in the knee with just the right amount of room in the hip & lower leg fits great – and still gives off a hint of the OG vibe. (Finally, the big-boy pants you’ve always wanted!)
5. Don’t let the slim fit deceive you: the womens’ Decker Pant is packed with features.With its 100% seam sealing, 20K waterproofing, reinforced boot cuffs & RECCO Avalanche System, you can confidently take on everything from mild to brutal conditions. Load up the cargo pockets with some snacks, SPF & whatever else you wanna stash and you’ll be ready for almost anything.
6. This year, Armada proudly introduced their first women’s outerwear line. The brand felt ladies were forced to sacrifice fashion when seeking functional, technical features and were often left out in the cold (literally) when opting for more stylish, feminine pieces. Every jacket & pant in the collection was designed by female athletes who know what makes quality, performance gear that can stand up to demanding days on the hill. The Kindle Jacket is a prime example – it’s got a great fit that’s subtly shaped to flatter you, but easily accommodates all your movements. PLUS it’s loaded with features including RECCO Avalanche Rescue System, MegaRex 2L 20K waterproofing, 100% seam sealing and Armada’s warm, breathable Superflo Lining System.
7. Layer the ladies’ Taiga Fleece beneath your outerwear to make the transition from on-snow to apres seamless. This lightweight pullover is so soft, you’ll want to wear it 24/7. Featuring a drawstring hood with an overlapping cowl neck, cuff thumb holes and a kangaroo pocket that hides a top-secret cell phone pocket inside – it’s no wonder the Taiga’s one of our favorite ladies’ hoodies this season.
8. Every skier knows that just because the lifts are closed or the sun went down, doesn’t mean your mind isn’t still on-snow. Armada’s Represent Fleece lets outsiders know where your head’s at – plus it’s super-warm & comfy. It might not work as an excuse the next time you forget to call your girlfriend, but with 360g fleece & hand warmer pockets she probably won’t object to a nice cozy hug either…